“Duncan does not have the natural personality of a provocateur, but in his just-saying, matter-of-fact way, he blurts out a lot of provocative things. He has attributed outrage over Common Core to ‘white suburban moms’ who find out ‘their child isn’t as brilliant as they thought.’ He has described Hurricane Katrina as ‘the best thing that happened to the education system in New Orleans.'” – Politico (9/23/15)
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Here’s Something Different: Celebrating Tennessee’s Postsecondary Efforts 17 July 2018
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place: My Thoughts on the Supreme Court Nomination as a Black Man and Principal 13 July 2018
- Trust Kids When They Say Their Teachers Are Psychologically Abusive 12 July 2018
- Lawmakers to the Trump Administration: “Trump Camps” Need Oversight 12 July 2018
- No recess is the norm for 6,000 Detroit students. Here’s how that could change. 10 July 2018