“Duncan does not have the natural personality of a provocateur, but in his just-saying, matter-of-fact way, he blurts out a lot of provocative things. He has attributed outrage over Common Core to ‘white suburban moms’ who find out ‘their child isn’t as brilliant as they thought.’ He has described Hurricane Katrina as ‘the best thing that happened to the education system in New Orleans.'” – Politico (9/23/15)
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Our Black Kids Don’t Get the Same Opportunities to Make Mistakes 23 August 2019
- Active Shooter Drills and Fears of Mass Shootings Shouldn’t Be the New Normal in Schools 23 August 2019
- White Teacher, Here’s How You Can Successfully Partner With Black Families 23 August 2019
- To Support Your LGBTQ+ Students, Love Them and Give Them Someone to Look Up To 23 August 2019
- Here’s Why We Need LGBTQ+ Curricula 23 August 2019