“Hundreds of thousands of minority kids are queued for low-performing schools and every change their parents seek is too radical. White soccer moms decide they don’t like the most important device to help us fix those schools and the wheels come off. The President makes a speech about too much testing. The Democrats revise their platform to allow parents to opt out. It’s clear: When white women decide they don’t like something, left-leaning politicians listen even if it’s at the expense of kids of color whose moms vote in democratic primaries.” – Eduwonk (8/22/16)
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Let’s talk about King LeBron’s Wink-Wink ‘totally-not-a-charter-school’ Charter School 15 August 2018
- Inner City Schools Need to Offer Some Extracurriculars Outside of Basketball 13 August 2018
- BREAKING: Black organizations and philanthropists are secretly meeting to create a plan for radically changing public schools 13 August 2018
- If You’re A Struggling Educator, It is Okay to Admit You Need to Find Another Profession 13 August 2018
- Your Reckless Leader is Harming Marginalized Students 13 August 2018