“Hundreds of thousands of minority kids are queued for low-performing schools and every change their parents seek is too radical. White soccer moms decide they don’t like the most important device to help us fix those schools and the wheels come off. The President makes a speech about too much testing. The Democrats revise their platform to allow parents to opt out. It’s clear: When white women decide they don’t like something, left-leaning politicians listen even if it’s at the expense of kids of color whose moms vote in democratic primaries.” – Eduwonk (8/22/16)
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Our Black Kids Don’t Get the Same Opportunities to Make Mistakes 23 August 2019
- Active Shooter Drills and Fears of Mass Shootings Shouldn’t Be the New Normal in Schools 23 August 2019
- White Teacher, Here’s How You Can Successfully Partner With Black Families 23 August 2019
- To Support Your LGBTQ+ Students, Love Them and Give Them Someone to Look Up To 23 August 2019
- Here’s Why We Need LGBTQ+ Curricula 23 August 2019