“Hundreds of thousands of minority kids are queued for low-performing schools and every change their parents seek is too radical. White soccer moms decide they don’t like the most important device to help us fix those schools and the wheels come off. The President makes a speech about too much testing. The Democrats revise their platform to allow parents to opt out. It’s clear: When white women decide they don’t like something, left-leaning politicians listen even if it’s at the expense of kids of color whose moms vote in democratic primaries.” – Eduwonk (8/22/16)
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Rampant Voter Fraud is a Myth, but Don’t Sleep on Voter Suppression 17 October 2018
- Some states make voting insanely easy while others move to close the vote 17 October 2018
- What it Means to be a Pacific Islander in High School 17 October 2018
- When the Bully is Your Teacher 16 October 2018
- Black Latinxs Matter 16 October 2018