Alan Husby is a Minneapolis public school teacher and member of the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers, who recently responded to an op-ed in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune written by my friend and fellow reformer, Lynnell Mickelson. In his response, Husby attacks Mickelson’s positions and trots out many well-worn and unconvincing teachers union talking points.
Read my Genius-annotated version of his response by clicking the link below.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Civil Rights Activist Howard Fuller to Democratic Presidential Candidates: Don’t Take Away Quality Education Options from Black and Brown Parents 15 October 2019
- 8th Grade Teacher Asks Students to “Write Funny Captions” for Slavery Photos… Seriously 15 October 2019
- Your Voice Matters. Your Students Need You. Speak Up 15 October 2019
- Black Boys With Dyslexia Need Love and Learning, Not Shame and Prison 15 October 2019
- It’s Time to Talk About the Increasing Suicide Rates for Our Black Youth 15 October 2019