Alan Husby is a Minneapolis public school teacher and member of the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers, who recently responded to an op-ed in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune written by my friend and fellow reformer, Lynnell Mickelson. In his response, Husby attacks Mickelson’s positions and trots out many well-worn and unconvincing teachers union talking points.
Read my Genius-annotated version of his response by clicking the link below.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- If We Want Citizens Who Are Critical Thinkers, We Need to Support Them in Becoming Readers and Writers 8 April 2020
- If You Want to Know What Works for Students With Dyslexia, Ask Them 8 April 2020
- The Silver Lining in Coronavirus Is the Opportunity for Black Innovation in Education 7 April 2020
- What the Coronavirus Can Teach Us About Empathy and Equity in Schools 7 April 2020
- Maybe This Pandemic Will Allow Us to Fix Our Broken Education System 7 April 2020