Ben Studebaker is a graduate student working toward a Ph.D. in political science at the University of Cambridge. He recently published a blog post sharing his take on Teach For America, a topic which is far outside his wheelhouse and it shows. You can read his skewed take on TFA with my corrections below…
Last month, we talked about how Mike Pence ran down the schools in Indiana while he was governor, slashing state educating spending by about 18% (relative to GDP) and creating a massive teacher shortage as good teachers defected to neighboring states and fewer Hoosiers elected to go into education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- It’s Time to Call American Public Education What It Is: A Caste System 20 March 2019
- Can America Follow Nevada’s Lead in Giving Students Recession-Proof Job Skills? 19 March 2019
- Don’t Like Who’s on the School Board Ballot? Run. 19 March 2019
- Going to a Women’s HBCU Inspired Me to Fight for College Access for Everyone 19 March 2019
- Stop Blaming Charter Schools for the Failures of Traditional Public Schools 18 March 2019
OPSB2 months ago
Don’t Give Prejudice A Pass Leslie Ellison's Anti-LGBT Views Make Her Unfit To Lead Our School Board
OPSB1 month ago
Silence, Obfuscation & Lies A Backroom Deal Raises Serious Questions About OPSB's Commitment to Equity & Transparency
Media2 months ago
Garbage In, Garbage Out… Zoe Sullivan's Piece on NOLA Public Schools Represents Journalism At Its Worst
OPSB4 weeks ago
Hynes Board May Have Violated State Ethics Laws Two UNO Employees On The Board Failed To Recuse Themselves From Hynes-UNO Partnership Votes