Ben Studebaker is a graduate student working toward a Ph.D. in political science at the University of Cambridge. He recently published a blog post sharing his take on Teach For America, a topic which is far outside his wheelhouse and it shows. You can read his skewed take on TFA with my corrections below…
Last month, we talked about how Mike Pence ran down the schools in Indiana while he was governor, slashing state educating spending by about 18% (relative to GDP) and creating a massive teacher shortage as good teachers defected to neighboring states and fewer Hoosiers elected to go into education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- These Award-Winning Teachers Say to Close the Detention Centers and Bring the Children to Our Classrooms 17 July 2019
- Here’s Why President Trump’s Tweets About ‘The Squad’ Are Nothing New for Black Women in Education 16 July 2019
- Why We Should Be Concerned About White Families Choosing Private Schools Over Public 16 July 2019
- 5 Tips for Teachers to Avoid Back-To-School Burnout 16 July 2019
- Episode 30: We Chat About Democratic Candidates and Education (ft. Conor Williams) 16 July 2019
Politics2 months ago
Pro-Tip: Don’t Confuse Mayor With Emperor LaToya Cantrell weighs-in on OneApp while trying to take money from public schools
Media3 months ago
An Anti-Charter Hatchet Job, Annotated WWNO/Hechinger Report tries to blame McDonogh #35's struggles on charters, but fails miserably
Politics1 month ago
Schott Foundation Under Microscope In Federal Investigation of Gillum Campaign Grand jury issues subpoenas for information from Schott, Opportunity to Learn Action Fund