Jennifer Berkshire – a.k.a., Edushyster – is a Massachusetts-based writer and former newspaper editor for the American Federation of Teachers. In the past year, she has focused her anti-education reform criticism on the transformation of public schools in New Orleans.
Click on the link below to read my critique of a piece she wrote in Salon in the lead-up to the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- As the U.S. Department of Education Turns 40, the Real Battleground for Kids Lies in the States 16 October 2019
- White Students Can Fight for Racial Justice, But Only If White Teachers Are Willing to Give Them the Tools 16 October 2019
- After 40 Years, There Is Still Time for the U.S. Department of Education to Become a Good Idea 16 October 2019
- Civil Rights Activist Howard Fuller to Democratic Presidential Candidates: Don’t Take Away Quality Education Options from Black and Brown Parents 15 October 2019
- 8th Grade Teacher Asks Students to “Write Funny Captions” for Slavery Photos… Seriously 15 October 2019