Jennifer Berkshire – a.k.a., Edushyster – is a Massachusetts-based writer and former newspaper editor for the American Federation of Teachers. In the past year, she has focused her anti-education reform criticism on the transformation of public schools in New Orleans.
Click on the link below to read my critique of a piece she wrote in Salon in the lead-up to the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- I #LoveTeaching Because I Never Stop Learning 19 February 2019
- Here’s How We Made Sure My Student’s Dying Father Didn’t Miss Her Graduation 19 February 2019
- You Know You Love Teaching When You’re on Maternity Leave and Stop to Talk to a Former Student 19 February 2019
- I Love Teaching But Here’s Why I Had to Leave the Classroom 19 February 2019
- How Raising Six Children Strengthened My Voice as an Advocate 19 February 2019
OPSB1 month ago
Don’t Give Prejudice A Pass Leslie Ellison's Anti-LGBT Views Make Her Unfit To Lead Our School Board
OPSB5 days ago
Silence, Obfuscation & Lies A Backroom Deal Raises Serious Questions About OPSB's Commitment to Equity & Transparency
Media3 weeks ago
Garbage In, Garbage Out… Zoe Sullivan's Piece on NOLA Public Schools Represents Journalism At Its Worst