“For New Orleans, the news on average student outcomes is quite positive by just about any measure. The reforms seem to have moved the average student up by 0.2 to 0.4 standard deviations and boosted rates of high school graduation and college entry. We are not aware of any other districts that have made such large improvements in such a short time.” – Education Next (8/4/15)
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Our Black Kids Don’t Get the Same Opportunities to Make Mistakes 23 August 2019
- Active Shooter Drills and Fears of Mass Shootings Shouldn’t Be the New Normal in Schools 23 August 2019
- White Teacher, Here’s How You Can Successfully Partner With Black Families 23 August 2019
- To Support Your LGBTQ+ Students, Love Them and Give Them Someone to Look Up To 23 August 2019
- Here’s Why We Need LGBTQ+ Curricula 23 August 2019