“For New Orleans, the news on average student outcomes is quite positive by just about any measure. The reforms seem to have moved the average student up by 0.2 to 0.4 standard deviations and boosted rates of high school graduation and college entry. We are not aware of any other districts that have made such large improvements in such a short time.” – Education Next (8/4/15)
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- This is what family economic insecurity looks like. Could you handle it? 20 July 2018
- If Public Education Ever Dies, Blame The Niggards 19 July 2018
- Here’s Something Different: Celebrating Tennessee’s Postsecondary Efforts 17 July 2018
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place: My Thoughts on the Supreme Court Nomination as a Black Man and Principal 13 July 2018
- Trust Kids When They Say Their Teachers Are Psychologically Abusive 12 July 2018