Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- It’s OK, You Can Teach For America 21 August 2019
- Back to School, Back to Basics With Parent-Teacher Partnerships 21 August 2019
- Nashville Teachers’ Fight For Respect Began With A March, Now They’re Walkin’ 21 August 2019
- If We Care for Kids, We Can’t Shut Down Teachers Who Truly Want to Do Better by Them 21 August 2019
- It’s Hard for Students of Color to Learn from Teachers Who Don’t Care About Them 19 August 2019