Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- As the U.S. Department of Education Turns 40, the Real Battleground for Kids Lies in the States 16 October 2019
- White Students Can Fight for Racial Justice, But Only If White Teachers Are Willing to Give Them the Tools 16 October 2019
- After 40 Years, There Is Still Time for the U.S. Department of Education to Become a Good Idea 16 October 2019
- Civil Rights Activist Howard Fuller to Democratic Presidential Candidates: Don’t Take Away Quality Education Options from Black and Brown Parents 15 October 2019
- 8th Grade Teacher Asks Students to “Write Funny Captions” for Slavery Photos… Seriously 15 October 2019