Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- What It’s Like to Attend School in Rural America 18 June 2019
- Having a Mock Slave Auction Isn’t Teaching Students About Slavery, It’s Just Racist 18 June 2019
- High School Graduate Tatiana Amaya on Raising Student Voice and Claiming a Seat at the Table 14 June 2019
- Teachers Can’t Take Care of Their Students If They Don’t Take Care of Themselves First 14 June 2019
- I’m Not Willing to Trade Fixing Income Inequality for Better Schools. We Need to Do Both. 14 June 2019
- Politics1 month ago
Pro-Tip: Don’t Confuse Mayor With Emperor LaToya Cantrell weighs-in on OneApp while trying to take money from public schools
- Media2 months ago
An Anti-Charter Hatchet Job, Annotated WWNO/Hechinger Report tries to blame McDonogh #35's struggles on charters, but fails miserably
- Politics1 week ago
Schott Foundation Under Microscope In Federal Investigation of Gillum Campaign Grand jury issues subpoenas for information from Schott, Opportunity to Learn Action Fund