Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Here’s How We Can Attract, Prepare and Support Teachers to Improve Student Outcomes 21 February 2020
- Black History Is American History and Should Be Celebrated All Year Long 21 February 2020
- We’re Teaching Black History Month All Wrong 21 February 2020
- Why Are Black Families Leaving Chicago? Maybe They Can’t Afford to Wait for Better Schools. 21 February 2020
- Tell Your Rep to Listen to Charter School Educators and Families 21 February 2020