Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- Why This Black Teacher Quit Brownsburg Community School Corporation 1 July 2020
- Let’s Give Co-Teachers the Tools They Need to Make Classrooms More Equitable This Fall 1 July 2020
- Finding ‘Common Ground’ Will Be Tough in Virtual Classrooms 1 July 2020
- To Teach Black Children Superbly Is a Revolutionary Act 30 June 2020
- I’m Only 11-Years-Old and I Already Make You Uncomfortable 30 June 2020