Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- I #LoveTeaching Because I Never Stop Learning 19 February 2019
- Here’s How We Made Sure My Student’s Dying Father Didn’t Miss Her Graduation 19 February 2019
- You Know You Love Teaching When You’re on Maternity Leave and Stop to Talk to a Former Student 19 February 2019
- I Love Teaching But Here’s Why I Had to Leave the Classroom 19 February 2019
- How Raising Six Children Strengthened My Voice as an Advocate 19 February 2019
OPSB1 month ago
Don’t Give Prejudice A Pass Leslie Ellison's Anti-LGBT Views Make Her Unfit To Lead Our School Board
OPSB5 days ago
Silence, Obfuscation & Lies A Backroom Deal Raises Serious Questions About OPSB's Commitment to Equity & Transparency
Media3 weeks ago
Garbage In, Garbage Out… Zoe Sullivan's Piece on NOLA Public Schools Represents Journalism At Its Worst