Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- If We Want Citizens Who Are Critical Thinkers, We Need to Support Them in Becoming Readers and Writers 8 April 2020
- If You Want to Know What Works for Students With Dyslexia, Ask Them 8 April 2020
- The Silver Lining in Coronavirus Is the Opportunity for Black Innovation in Education 7 April 2020
- What the Coronavirus Can Teach Us About Empathy and Equity in Schools 7 April 2020
- Maybe This Pandemic Will Allow Us to Fix Our Broken Education System 7 April 2020