Mercedes Schneider is an English teacher at Slidell High School in St. Tammany Parish on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. In recent years, she has emerged as a prolific and vitriolic anti-education reform blogger. Her favorite targets for abuse are the Recovery School District and Common Core. As a result, Mercedes has become a favorite of Diane Ravitch, who often brings attention to Mercedes’ work on her blog.
Click on a link below to read a response to a post she wrote about ACT scores in the Recovery School District.
St. Tammany Parish teacher, blogger, and inveterate pessimist Mercedes Schneider desperately wants to believe New Orleans’ Recovery School District – and by extension, its students – have failed. For years, she has taken to her blog to malign the district at every available opportunity, dismissing evidence of the RSD’s progress as either smoke-and-mirrors or outright lies concocted by the bureaucrats at the Louisiana Department of Education.
Subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates in your news reader.
- To The Rabble Rousers, A Good Friday Message 19 April 2019
- Opinion: Now Is Not the Time to Chastise Those Grieving the Fire at Notre Dame 18 April 2019
- Active Shooter Drill Debacle Shows We Aren’t Ready to Arm Teachers 17 April 2019
- Teacher’s Lesson Plan Has Students Create Instagram Posts for Slaves on the Middle Passage 17 April 2019
- OPINION: Kim Kardashian Working the System On Her Journey to Become a Lawyer Shows the Power of Privilege 16 April 2019
- OPSB2 months ago
Silence, Obfuscation & Lies A Backroom Deal Raises Serious Questions About OPSB's Commitment to Equity & Transparency
- Media3 months ago
Garbage In, Garbage Out… Zoe Sullivan's Piece on NOLA Public Schools Represents Journalism At Its Worst
- OPSB2 months ago
Hynes Board May Have Violated State Ethics Laws Two UNO Employees On The Board Failed To Recuse Themselves From Hynes-UNO Partnership Votes